Sunday, September 13, 2015

Prince Todd (101): What This Blog Is All About...



Greetings and Salutations:

My name is PrinceTodd (Yes, that is my actual given name. You may refer to me as PrinceTodd or Prince. I go by Todd at work to avoid the inevitable, "Oh you must really like Prince's music" questions) and this is a general overview of what this blog is and is not.

Being that the title of my blog is my name (followed by 101) the subject matter will invariably focus on me. However, it is more less my observation of everything that is going on in my world (and beyond), and the impact of said circumstances on myself and other people like me.

There are three major components that will dictate the subject matter here...

1.) My blackness.
2.) My Gayness.
3.) My Atheism.

Given the goings on in the world today I am very passionate about topics pertaining to: racism, homosexuality, and religion, primarily because I am a Black Gay Atheist. All of those topics impact me and I need a space to really talk about them. Moreover, being a black gay atheist, I need a space to discuss these issues as a means of connection to other people like me. Essentially, this blog will be about the intersection of those three issues and how they impact me.

I will post and write about current events concerning those topics and sometimes I may tell you about what is going on in my everyday life.

I love to learn. 

I love to inform people about what I've learned about as well.

In a way I think it is my purpose in life to really inform people, and social media has been a great tool for me to do that.

Thank you for reading!

PrinceTodd. 

P.S.

I have another blog entitled, "At the Movies with Your Royal Highness, Prince Toddy English." It is my hobby blog for my great love, movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment